Monday, March 1, 2010

Now What?



What have I gotten myself into? Those cute kids I taught last week are long gone. Today was more of a wrangling session and I forgot my lasso. I managed to hang on until 3:00 when the bus showed up and they whirlwinded out the door. This was hands down, one of the worst teaching days I've ever had, including my sub days. The staff have been very supportive and helpful, even making the necessary parent calls for me. The kids just don't want to learn. They don't want to do much of anything.

My mom just called, I let it go to voicemail. I don't want to talk to anyone. I just don't have anything to say. And I found out that I can't hold the 10 units. Too much and too far. There goes a few hundred bucks. (A blessing in disguise or proof that I'm doing something wrong?)

Yeah I know, year one is tough, but today I missed every single one of my kids back home, my mom's washing machine, warm dinners, and my bed.

Ugh I can't keep talking about it or I won't last the night.

I'm just glad I have my bag of M&M's and the Fluffy Creature to cuddle with.

5 comments:

  1. Nothing worth doing is easy. Alice may be between adventures but you have just started a new one. My mantra during my Peace Corps service was to enjoy the ride - there are ups and downs but it's all part of the same ride so just hang on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!! You can do this. Tomorrow will be better. they just need to put you through your paces and see if you will stick around with them. your blog reminds me of the Laura Ingalls Wilder book These Happy Golden Years. If you haven't read it in awhile read it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how much strength we have, that we do not realize. You can do this, you're an amazing woman and things will get better. Keep your chin up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you need to watch that movie with Matthew Perry where he becomes an inner city teacher in NY or Chicago or somewhere.... Learn how to whoop some ass without actually whooping some ass..
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you day went so badly. Keep pushing on and you will figure it out.

    ReplyDelete