So back to my day. As class began, I focused on consistency. A little pep talk from the Chairman of the Board of Directors ( a little redundant) helped too. Seems the whole town is behind me. They just forgot to stress, or I forgot to listen, to how tough this class and this job was going to be.
As far as accommodation goes, I'm currently staying with a co-worker in a heavenly place, but I must find more permanent lodging soon. So I have found a few options...
1. A one room horse trailer used for temporary accommodation at horse shows. (And by one room, I mean no bigger that two queen sized beds including kitchen, table, bed, entry/standing area, and the toilet/shower combo.)
2. A rented room with the parents of aforementioned Chairman of the Board of Directors. Includes house privileges, and house care-taker duties such as feeding the horses, dog and cat. The current elderly residents aren't home much so I'd be doing them a favor seeing as it neighbors the Indian party grounds come spring and they would like someone to watch after the place. (Do I need to buy a gun?)
3. A single wide trailer with a large yard near the high school and two blocks from my school. Sounds great? It comes complete with... a door and some windows. Renter needs to supply all furniture, appliances, and I do mean ALL. (Heater not included.)
So Bob, which door do I choose? I've been hemming and hawing about that for a week now. With this many options it's tough to decide. I'm going to go back to the "Grandparent's house" as I've started to call it, to give it one more look over.
If the batteries hold out I'll snap a photo or two. I've included some photo's of my drive home today. The rain had subsided and the sun was happily drying the fields, except for the poverty and pot growers this place is a little haven.
Flat pastures ringed in semi-snowy mountains.
End of the road, cross the cattle guard, almost there, only a 1/2 mile or so. You can almost see the house on the horizon behind the sign. (Sigh, tough to leave this place.)
No comments:
Post a Comment