(These pictures were taken the next day, after some rain washed the trees)
Math is getting better. Did small groups again, it actually seemed to be working, and the kids are getting 90% correct. They have learned to work together and ask for help. I think I actually see progress!
I also think they really are testing me. It’s like they know my quit point, push right up to it, flirt a bit, and then recede before I succumb to temptation.
Day three of the movie and even though the day is without rain, it is still freezing and five boys have showed up to continue the movie. Scratch that four girls just showed up, though they may be here to escape the weather. As I type the number is growing… this could be a good thing. Kids only go into teacher’s classrooms at lunch if the teacher is cool right?? Ugh it is a freaking roller coaster in the town. Maybe bonding over a movie isn’t the best, but at least it’s something.
Warlords day 2:
Finally got the rules figured out and assignment one completed. The kids are getting into it and didn’t even complain when I gave them an essay to read and take a short quiz on for the game.
Postcard update:
Bamburg:
Possible location guesses: Utah, New England, Italy, Spain, and … Germany.
1.Is in Germany
2.Survived bombing in WWII
3.The building in the picture looks like a church
4.The picture is actually a Town Hall.
This is the end of week five… only nine left. And next week I get a whole week off for spring break. YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment