Saturday, March 6, 2010

Where Did You Go???

I moved. Consequently I am without Internet. Consequently I’ve been unable to blog. Don't worry today is dedicated to fixing that problem, well that, laundry, catching up with friends and some homework.

So what have I been up to?

1. I moved, and the winning location: Grandpa’s house. Its classically old person, including a furnished room, wall décor, and an armoire. Its only a few blocks from school and I've been coming home for lunch to check on Fluffy. Grandpa and I sometimes feed the horses together. He's a sweet old guy. His wife works a few hours away and comes home on the weekends. So during the week, it's just the two of us and the TV turned up super loud so he can hear it. Oh and in case you were wondering, American Idol contestants sound just as bad when its louder.

My old room










My new room







2. I've also been eating my body weight in peanut M&M’s. Wait, I just checked, and hallelujah it’s only 42oz bag… so I’m good.

3. The small town activity on Thursday night involved me feeding cows with the Chairman of the Board of Directors, hitting the local hot-spot diner in town, and driving him home after he had a few. I could say more, but it may involve an attorney and some pack horses. That’s just they way they do it up here. ;)

Consequently I did find the best place to get pizza and a glass of wine (or something classier if that was how I did things). Surprisingly, its only a block from school. (And I live three or so from there. Wow its almost like I’m living in the middle of downtown… ha.. downtown.)

The Chairman also invited me over for backyard rodeo. He raises bucking bulls and is building an arena in his backyard...

The stars are wonderful here. As I was driving the old ford pickup through a herd of rather large cows and a even larger bull while the Chairman dumped hay out the back and his Mcnabb border collies toyed with the business end of the aforementioned cattle, I did get to enjoy the stars. There were so many that it was almost difficult to find my boy in the constellations, and I stress almost. Possibly my second favorite view just behind my exploits in Arizona last summer.

So, I made it through the week, still have most of my hair, and I don't think its turned grey yet. I decided to come home for the weekend, catch a breather and take advantage of the "city." Its actually strange to be home. On one hand, it's like I never left, on the other its been a million years (or at least a few months). Now I feel like a true fledgling, home isn't home, and my new "home" isn't home. This will leave me perplexed for awhile.

For now I'm happy I survived a whole week. I've had lots of verbal support from every adult I've come across, and plenty from my friends and family. Perhaps I'll survive this yet. I'm still pretty sure I'll be crying myself home tomorrow for my four hour drive, but at least I'm heading back.

So don't go anywhere. There is plenty more to be accomplished and subsequently blogged. Tune in next time for "It's 11:00 and they just turned back into monkeys" or "Why is there snow in March?"

The road to the new place








The new roomate









The Fluffy at the front gate, across from the Indian Casino. Seems no Indian town is too small.







The new house. Cute isn't it?! In the background you can see the aforementioned hay and where they keep the six horses. The black blob in the road is the watch dog. She's going deaf but she still takes her job quite seriously. This is the view I come home to daily.


View of the mountains from the new house.








It got cold enough to snow in the mountains this week. I've been told there's usually another good snowfall in March that will hit the valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment