Saturday, March 27, 2010

Walking On the Indian Fairgrounds

I took Fluffy on a walk through the fairgrounds this morning in the fog. I’ve been told that in the summer months they have events and parties here. It’s adjacent to the property on which Grandpa and I share. Unfortunately it’s pretty overgrown, and at 10 am, it’s quite dewy. It is plenty large however and isolated, so it seems that the Fluffy and I have found a new place to stretch our legs, as long as the Indians don’t mind.



















After the walk, Grandpa and I went for a drive around the valley. And by around I do mean around. We took the road that circles the valley, saw some beautiful countryside, and a few for-sale ranches. All I need is a few million, some sheep and a wish to live in a desolate valley, and I’d be in heaven.

We stopped in at the ranch that I was staying at previously; remember the one with the sheep? Fluffy stayed in the car. But good news, the two sheep are now five. The couple did what couples do, and low and behold three miniature versions popped out. I snapped a few photos, but I think the sheep remember me and were none too trusting, even though I assured them the scary, quick one with teeth was securely put away. The offspring were most fascinating. They were a variety of colors and patterns. I’ve never seen sheep quite so uniquely adorned.


















Later, we partook of what seems to be our new tradition of walking to the casino across the street and having dinner. They have cheap and decently good food, so it’s a pretty cool situation. Last week, it was open faced roast beef for $9 and was twice the amount of what I was able to eat. This time Grandma and I split a salad, and it was plenty. Of course once we got home Grandpa and I each had a bowl of Rocky Road Ice Cream (his favorite).

No comments:

Post a Comment