The run down...
- Made the trip in 4 hours! Woot woot! New record.
- Met with the seemingly only single guy in town to see the possible new digs (well him and his two-year-old daughter, the younger one isn't walking yet).
- New digs include a single-wide trailer (sorry folks it isn't actually pink like I thought) and absolutely NOTHING else.
- Started the process of setting up my classroom, and realized there is never enough time. (I'm beginning to think its possible to have too many supplies. Thanks guys.)
- I am staying, for now, with a co-worker who is renting from a board member, who lives on 100+ acres with sheep and views that I thought were only possible in movies filmed in the vast spaces of the Midwest.
- Had a nice home-cooked dinner with said temporary landlords including a salad gathered from the garden as we spoke.
- Wrangled myself a fridge, sofa, and possibly a bed to furnish the trailer.
So I suppose I should get to work on my lesson plans for tomorrow... I did pull out some first year teacher books (some of you know exactly what I mean), but that looks like work and even though it's only 9:32, I've been ready for bed since 7:30. So like any good first year teacher, I'm off to a likely restless sleep while visions of ... well definitely not sugar plums, dance through my head.
My thoughts on this place: absolutely breath taking in spots, and I think someone is crazy... it remains to be seen just who.
Agenda tomorrow: get through the day, take some photos, and decide if a camp stove is appropriate for a trailer kitchen...
Jill! I love this adventure. Wish I could be there with you. Hang in there. You'll do great, I have no doubt. I'm busy here thinking up adventures of my own. Until I find one, I'll continue to live vicariously through yours. luvs- Alice
ReplyDelete