After dinner, we went on a tour of the reservation and saw the Buffalo. Seems they keep them here as a symbol... I guess no one told them than the Nor Cal Natives were more of the hunting, gathering, acorn-eating type. Oh well.. still cool.
And we now have Internet at home!! Yay... remember the 56k modem days..? (Insert computer dial-up sounds here.) Bringing back memories? I'm living in a retro throwback!
Postcard of the day:
Postcard #4
Loughborough is:
1. In England
2. Is in the United Kingdom
3. Is located on the World Map
4. Is north of London
5. Has buildings that look like the ones in the Harry Potter movies (that's how they figured out it was England)
6. Has buildings that look a little like the ones in Leavenworth Washington. (tudor-esk)
When asked today what their favorite country was I got the following responses:
"Is this place (our little town) a country?"
"London"
"Is New Mexico a country? Arizona? How about New Mexico?"
"Belize. But I don't know where it is. South of Mexico and east of Guatemala? Which way is east?"
"Brazil, because of the Bahamas."
"The United States"
"None, I figure if I like one I might as well like them all."
:) I did make the Belize kid look it up online. Truth be told I couldn't find it on the map either. (Oops east of Guatemala.)
Oh and I found the airport this week! Yay!
When we lived in Hawaii, my grandmother used to say things like, "When you come back stateside.." Grandma, we're *in* the United States! We don't have to come back! LOL Though I suppose in her defense, Hawaii was not in fact a state for a portion of her life... but still.
ReplyDeleteI'm not entirely sure that I'd be able to find Belize either!!!
ReplyDelete