So my long weekend has come and gone and on my desk, as I returned to work today, I found this from the substitute:
"You did a great job organizing all the materials needed for Thurs & Fri. Your directions were clear & easy to follow - Thanks! We followed your schedule on Thursday and most of it Friday (they had some extra outside time w/ the other classes.)
I tried to keep them on track, but they were very slow in doing they're [pet peeve... should read their] work. Lots of complaining! Most of them did DOL, a couple of pages of vocab, 1-2 pages of math. I helped w/ some of the 8th grade math, but I got stuck when we had to figure out how to make common denominators [something my 8th graders shouldn't be stumped by!]. The movie was quite violent - don't know if you've seen it before - but I guess apartheid had a lot of violence. [um... well yeah]. I had to send 2 boys out on Friday while watching the movie because I asked them to be quiet & they continued making noise in a defiant way - banging on the table, etc... I really like the kids [Didn't see that one coming], but they are a hard group to manage - 3 cheers to you for doing such a great job! I did what I could & hope that it helped."
Room is in one piece but there is nothing turned in.. I wonder where it all went...
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment