Taking a sick day today… there are no subs. We only have 2 that are willing to sub for my class and both are unavailable. So when my kids asked why I didn’t get a sub, I was justified in saying, with a severe sinus related speech impediment, “Cuz no one wans to tub for dis class.” (Yeah, not one of my shinning moments.) Which was followed up later when they asked again with (they are persistent): “Dere are no tubs!” But low and behold the secretary told me I sounded horrible this morning on the phone and they’d figure something out… What no one else realizes:
1.They are rowdy (ok they already know this)
2.I just assigned them new math groups as of last night before I left so they don’t know what they are yet.
3.We haven’t done math groups in 3 weeks
4.the 45 minute history block is filled up with busy work and extra credit
5.The kids are anxiously awaiting history scores (Koku and moves) for the game we’ve been playing and are almost hostile about it.
6.I didn’t complete the history scoring (due to a lack of submissions) so they will have to wait another day.
7.There is no official sub plan, instead my “plan” is comprised of dittos and sticky notes adorning the back table and a written schedule on the board.
This should be good.
Lessons learned:
1. A hot shower does increase breathing productivity, until you get out.
2. Motrin is just a fancy name for ibuprofen
3. I still love ibuprofen
As I returned to my room for a decisive nap, which was actually being monopolized by blogging, I told Fluffy that I would, in fact, feed her as soon as I changed out of my work clothes. At this point I literally laughed out loud as I began the process of hanging up my shirt, the plaid number I got to look authentic at the rodeo, and changing out of my jeans that are almost holey as a result of age and use not a fashion designer wielding a pair of scissors and sand paper. It’s all relative I suppose.
Went by after school today to see how it went. Turns out there was no substitute available so they split my kids in two and pawned them off on the K/1 and 2/3 classes. We are so not backwoods. Needless to say not much got done, so now I'm stuck with trying to write sub plans for tomorrow without having any idea what they actually accomplished. And the only sub available is the one they've specifically asked for by name, aparently she's the most fun to pick on. Joy.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment