Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Break

When I think of Spring Break, I think of warm weather, sunshine and nothing to do but enjoy my time off school.

In actuality, Spring Break is a time for teachers to get caught up on their grades and ready for teacher conferences. And apparently not even the weather got the message seeing as snow fell, yet again, in the valley of round, and the rain and cold has followed me home. Last night, as I watched my brother's team play lacrosse, I realized that flip-flops were a bad idea. The rain had subsided, but my toes were feeling plenty of icy breeze as they mingled with the wet grass. As the sun went down, I longed for my fuzzy monster feet slippers, the same ones I'm wearing now as I type.

I luckily missed the early April flurries as I was already safely down the mountain, but before I left here's what I got to experience...

The rain wouldn't let up Friday night,
but I got this splendid view as I went to a co-worker's for dinner with the staff.
I finally found the end of a rainbow... both ends actually

But to make up for it, this is the view the next morning.


Oh what a lovely town


Even so, as I hit the road out of town I couldn't help but smile. Spring Break Baby!

The valley looks a bit different covered in fog.










The road home was interesting to say the least as I got to drive up and back down through a pretty thick cloud bank. (Don't worry I used my instruments and stayed on course.)

No comments:

Post a Comment